Hi, I am Bulent Aras from Izmir/Turkey.
What advice would I give to those who are half my age? I am 52 years old :). See the answers below.
- Years go by in the blink of an eye. Don’t marry young. Live your life. Go places. Do things. If you have the means or not. Pack a bag and go wherever you can afford to go. While you have no dependents, don’t buy stuff. Any stuff. See the world. Look through travel magazines and pick a spot. GO!
- Don’t take life so seriously. Even if things seem dark and hopeless, try to laugh at how ridiculous life is.
- We have one time on this earth. We only have one chance in this life. Don’t wake up and realize that you are 60 years old and haven’t done the things you dreamed about.
- Children grow up way too fast. Make the most of the time you have with them.
- The joints you damage today will get their revenge later. Even if you think they’ve recovered completely. TRUST ME!! 🙂
- When you meet someone for the first time, stop and realize that you really know nothing about them. You see race, gender, age, clothes, watches, brand of car. Forget it all. You know nothing. Those biased assumptions that pop into your head because of the way your brain likes categories, are limiting your life, and other people’s lives.
- Why not appreciate every small moment? We don’t get to stay on this crazy/wonderful planet forever. The greatest pleasure can be found in the most mundane of activities. Instead of sending a text, pick up the phone and call someone. Call your mother, have a conversation about nothing in particular. Those are the moments to hold onto.
- Jealousy destroys relationships. Trust your significant other, if you can’t trust them, who are you supposed to trust?
- Do not waste your time with negatives. Psychologist’s confirms negative people are always unhappy. Stay clear from the negatives.
- Nobody ever dies wishing they had worked more… Work hard, but don’t prioritize work over family, friends, or even yourself.
- Do not forget 70 years of your life occupies 0,0000005% in age of the universe. Stop Wishing, Start Doing 🙂
No money while student,
No time while working,
No energy while retired,
Then, live your life on time 🙂